The ONE and ONLY TFA band forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ONE and ONLY TFA band forum

Lots of people are moving and what not, so we made this so we could all keep in touch!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michaelhun12
Too Geeky For You!!
Too Geeky For You!!
michaelhun12

Number of posts : 1046
Registration date : 2007-05-21

FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra) Empty
PostSubject: FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)   FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 9:41 am

I don't know where to post this, maybe I should have posted this in the band section, but this isn't band, so I guess I'm posting it here.

I've been struggling with a hard decision recently. I've always wanted to play the the Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra (I still remember Mr. Schmidt posting the calendar on Edline), but the requirements are very hard to meet. I guess I've always wanted to go up and beyond band, to actually play in a full orchestra. I already passed the audition date for this year, but I guess I can join next year, however, I need a private teacher to teach me for 2 years. I also took a look at the requirements, and they are extremely challenging. For instance, the clarinet requirements state that you have to play ALL the major scales (which I almost know completely) in addition to 2 hard pieces comprised of eighth notes and various sharps and flats.

I've always wanted to join FSYO but the requirements and the auditions seem daunting. Someone please help me and give me advice!
Back to top Go down
http://michaelhublog.blogspot.com/
YourLoverSammy
Too Geeky For You!!
Too Geeky For You!!
YourLoverSammy

Number of posts : 1360
Registration date : 2007-05-18

PostSubject: Re: FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)   FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2007 4:03 pm

I really think that you should go for it. If you really wanna do it, then maybe God is putting it on your heart to be there!

I know for a fact that you can meet all those requirements. You're a smart kid and God will strengthen you! Be sure to pray about it before you jump into anything, though!
Back to top Go down
michaelhun12
Too Geeky For You!!
Too Geeky For You!!
michaelhun12

Number of posts : 1046

PostSubject: Re: FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)   FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 9:06 pm

Ok, I know this thread was dead a long, long time ago, but I have some very exciting news.

Yesterday, I audiitioned for FSYO, and I made it! Well, I made the Prelude Orchestra, which technically is the lowest in FSYO, and I am 2nd chair, but this position was still very competitive. I seriously thought I would never, ever make it, because I studied the music and a solo for about a week with no private teacher, but I MADE IT!!! I never thought this was possible, but I did it. Anyways, I now have practice every Sunday and about 4 major concerts, which will probably be in downtown Orlando, so come see me if you can! Mr. Schmidt should have FSYO events on Renweb in the calendar.

Anyways, I am so psyked!
Back to top Go down
http://michaelhublog.blogspot.com/
SUS13izkol
Too Geeky For You!!
Too Geeky For You!!
SUS13izkol

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)   FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 5:01 pm

that's awesome Hu! I'm so proud of you!
Back to top Go down
https://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii110/Sus13izkol/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)   FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FSYO (Florida Symphony Youth Orchestra)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The ONE and ONLY TFA band forum-
Jump to: